Monday, August 10, 2009

Zero hour came and went

...With little pomp and circumstance. The nurse came at 7 this morning. We went over the instructions and such (just a formality really). The best part was having Julie right by my side the whole time. I couldn't ask for better support than that. The whole thing, while EXTREMELY nerve racking to poke myself with a needle, was really a non-event. It did not hurt hardly at all (much less than arm shots, taking blood, etc.) and certainly the actual medicine delivery did not feel like anything. I was expecting to feel some side-effects today, but with the ibuprofen I've taken, I have no real after-effects that I can tell. About an hour after I was feeling a little tired, but that could have been lack of coffee. My injection site is not sore or anything like that.

Biogen called today and had me call my insurance to verify they were 'moving me along' and they had faxed my Dr. about authorization for the prescription. I called Dr. W's office and they did get that fax so that should go back to the insurance carrier tomorrow. This may be less of a deal than I had expected (let's pray it is).

Anyway, so far so good. I'll inject again next Tuesday evening and then moving to Wednesday nights.

No comments: