Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shot tonight, changing training, getting solumedrol

K. I have my next shot tonight so that'll be fun (NOT!). I am changing my training from Thursday to Wednesday (at least this week, we'll see how it goes). Since my symptoms do not come on for a few hours, it may work better than being exhausted tomorrow for it. This week is a little different mainly because tomorrow afternoon I will be starting my Solumedrol treatments. They will put in an IV port so I can take them over three days. They first will be in their office (supposed to take 1 1/2 hours) and then I'll get to learn how to clean it etc. so I can do the next two at home. I have no idea what it will be like (hopefully not too bad). It is all gravity-fed so no pumps are required. Lots of needles and such this week. If everything works out right, I'll have my shot, my workout with Marsha, then a port and IVs all over by Saturday night. It seems like a lot to get 'in' but better sooner than later we think. Here is a short explanation from WebMD for those who may be interested.

No comments: