Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Laziness reins supreme!

Well again I am struck by the lazy gene that keeps me from taking time to post. It is ridiculous really as once I get behind then I forget what has been going on. Seeing the obvious flaw in my abilities, I will attempt to reconstruct the last couple of weeks for your viewing pleasure.

We went to the lake for the 4th of July. Spend a lot of time in the pool and that took its toll on me. I was very run down for a number of days after that. I wanted to sleep all of the time but it didn't feel like it was doing any good (frustrating!) when I did nap. I then proceeded to leave my B12 at the lake (I love forgetting things). I reordered the original B12 I bought (they dissolve faster) and got them a few days ago. I also made alarms for my iPhone to remind me to take them so I can get in a good rythm about it.

I have an appointment wiht my new neuro tomorrow (Dr. W) so we'll see how that flies overall. I've noticed a couple of what I would call new symptoms but they have been infrequent as yet so I'm not too sure about it all. My right arm has 'vibrated' a couple of times. It happened when I was lying on my right side with it under my pillow so I have no idea what it may have looked like. It felt like there was a cell phone on vibrate next to it is the best way I can decribe it. It only happened for 10 seconds or so and stopped as soon as I moved it. It may have just been an oddity because of the way I was lying. The other has been my left hand / arm. The involuntary clonus-like twitches tend to make my hand move and they 'feel' they same in that they seem to have a mind and desire of their own and until I can 'make' it stop, it keeps going. The hand / arm pulses are much shallower than the foot ones, but it is very disconcerting. These too have only happened a few times but since they are visible and relatively difficult to stop...it seems like more of a change.

The heat is evil. With temps in the shade over 100F (39C) it saps me quickly. I've been good at staying inside as best I can.

I'll post again tomorrow after meeting with the new doc. Hopefully I'll have my MRI appointments incoming too.

2 comments:

Ched said...

Hello, Dave
Sorry to hear about the new symptoms. I'm sure it can be discouraging. At least, I think I would find it so. I'll be praying for your meeting with the new Neurologist. God bless you. Have a good night.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave ,

Glad you got to enjoy the 4th of July.
Its always good to get a new opinion, hope it all goes well for you
hugs and a big smile for you :))

Sky /Jean