Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The weekend is over

I had a massive upgrade that Russell and I did over the weekend in Norman. Two server consolidated to one and that on new hardware. Lots of changes, little sleep. Less for Russell than me, the pager woke him up in the middle of the night on yet another project.

Glad to be home the last few nights and I've slowly started to catch up on sleep. A little less exhausted today feels good. Still lots to do before Christmas as everyone is itching to get things done.

My symptoms are more obvious to me than they have been in some time. My balance is terrible and I'm constantly catching myself it seems. The walls are again my friends to know where I am. I'm really thinking about another round of Solumedrol just because I now see how much better I felt. The return to the pit has revealed just what I had been dealing with. The little things are more frustrating to me now that they have crept in over weeks instead of years. At any rate my spirits are good, I'm not in any pity-party or anything and joking about it is still the best medicine.

Driving at night is getting much harder. The contrast in the oncoming lights and such is very distracting (I guess that is the way to describe it). It is hard to 'survey' the road as a whole like I can in the daylight. I'll be cutting back on that as much as I can.

I'm going to go see Colin over Thursday night and Friday so I get some night driving then, but it'll be worth it to just hang out. I haven't been able to see him for a year or more. It's crazy.

1 comment:

Colin Hildinger said...

Looking forward to it. I think we need to go to Old Germany Thurday night and get some good Hildinger and Hertzog food.