Thursday, April 23, 2009

Closer to calling it

Julie and I were talking at length last night about how much more energy I have and how my symptoms appear to be less severe. I want to qualify that because my symptoms are not going away, but I think my additional energy is making them less noticeable.

We both commented how just a couple of months ago we were getting worried about my abilities this summer on a number of fronts. I usually am able to mow the flat portion of the yard (friends help with the hill so I don't fall and have the mower cut my feet off) and walk around Silver Dollar City, play some on the trampoline, etc. There were a number of evenings, really becoming the norm rather than the exception, that I just didn't have the energy to do anything. I didn't want to work out or play and it was obvious that the heaviness in my leg was really getting in the way by the end of the day.

Last night we were discussing how much different I am reacting, especially this last week or so. I have a noticeably larger energy reserve than just weeks ago. I have come home form work with enough energy to be interested in going to the gym and play with the kids. Even after going to the gym and having the obvious decrease in function of my leg because it was fatigued, my body in general has not been so much. I can still have a decent conversation and am willing to not be fully relegated to the couch / floor. I am waking easier than I can ever remember, even when Julie and I stay up late talking (which we have a habit of doing), last night being a good example. We finally got to bed about 12:45 because we were both awake and talking / watching TV. My alarm went of at 6:30 this morning, and while I hit 'snooze' a few times, I am used to actually falling asleep, but did not this morning (nor have I for the last few days after the first buzz goes off).

All in all, I think the mB12 is giving me more energy. The real question that I need to talk with Dr. M about now is (and we have to monitor things I know) whether I maintain this dosage schedule or change, are there other internal side effects I don't know about (blood work and stuff will tell us that), and is this simply a very interesting placebo effect? All to be seen in the future, but certainly interesting results to be sure so far.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Okay honey, I know you're trying to be "cautiosly optimistic" but I'm telling you...I haven't seen you with that much energy after work (let alone a work-out with Marsha) since I can remember...I mean years. Something's definitely happening. Thank you Jesus!